Jump to navigation
Charles Leclerc to set for FP1 sessions
The Sauber F1 Team is pleased to confirm that Charles Leclerc will be in the cockpit of the Sauber C36-Ferrari during four free practice sessions ahead of the upcoming 2017 Formula One Grand Prix. Leclerc, the current leader in this year’s F2 series, will be participating in FP1 sessions during the race weekends in Malaysia, US, Mexico and Brazil.
At the Malaysian Grand Prix, Charles Leclerc will be driving the Sauber C36-Ferrari for the first time in FP1 on Friday at the Sepang International Circuit. Regular driver Marcus Ericsson will take over the car from FP2 onwards.
2017 Singapore Grand Prix
Singapore, Race | 17/09/2017
“STOFFEL DROVE INCREDIBLY WELL”
Stoffel Vandoorne finished seventh and brought home six valuable world championship points for McLaren Honda at the end of a long and chaotic Singapore Grand Prix.
The race was started in rainy conditions, which contributed to a Turn One accident that left a fast-starting Fernando Alonso with significant damage to his car. Despite soldiering on for a couple of laps, the car was too badly damaged to continue and Fernando was forced to retire.
Stoffel took avoiding action to miss the first-lap crash, but was able to consolidate his position inside the top 10. He always looked competitive on-track whether running in the wet or dry, and was set to challenge for the top six until being delayed during a slow pit-stop on lap 27.
Seventh was a solid reward for both his and the team’s efforts all weekend.
Singapore Grand Prix: Race Recap
Sep 17, 2017
Event: Singapore Grand Prix (Round 14 of 20)
Date: Sunday, Sept. 17
Location: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Layout: 5.065-kilometer (3.147-mile), 23-turn track
Weather: Rain at start before clearing
Air Temps: 28.2-28.7 degrees Celsius (82.8-83.7 degrees Fahrenheit)
Track Temps: 29.6-32.3 degrees Celsius (85.3-90.1 degrees Fahrenheit)
Race Winner: Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes
Haas F1 Team:
● Romain Grosjean – Started 15th, Finished 9th (Running, completed 58/58 laps)
● Kevin Magnussen – Started 16th, Finished 13th (Electrical, completed 50/58 laps)
Singapore Grand Prix - Singapore 17 September
Maurizio Arrivabene: “That was very disappointing and it was definitely not the result we were expecting. But it doesn’t mean that the battle is all over, just that it has become more difficult. We are very disappointed for our fans, but we will be back. We proved that we have an excellent car and two great drivers. All of us, those here in Singapore today and those working back in Maranello, we all have the Prancing Horse stamped on our hearts and we guarantee that we will be fighting right to the final corner of the very last Grand Prix of the year.”
2017 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX – SUNDAY 17/09/2017
Carlos Sainz (STR12-01, Car 55)
Race: Pos. 4th
“WOW! What a day, what a result! I’d say this is probably my best day in Formula 1 up until now! After a weekend with so much media attention, to put together a perfect weekend and finish the race in P4 is just amazing. To start the race on intermediate tyres, then switch to the supersoft - where I struggled a bit during the first laps - and then make it to the end without losing positions is just the perfect way to celebrate a difficult weekend…it’s definitely one I will always remember! I have to say that the most difficult part of the race for me was the start of my stint on the supersoft – it was not easy at all! I tried to do my best during the out-lap but Hulkenberg managed to overcut me… Luckily for me he then had a problem and from then onwards it was all about defending from Checo, who had been faster than us on Friday and also was on ultras! It was very difficult to keep him behind, looking in my mirrors the whole time, but in the end we did it! I had my flight booked to go back home tonight, but I’m definitely cancelling this – we need to celebrate this excellent result all together, this team have also done an amazing job this weekend… Thank you!”
2017 Singapore Grand Prix - Sunday
17 September 2017
Silver Arrows convert third row start into a double podium in Singapore
• Lewis took his 60th F1 victory- his third in Singapore and seventh of the 2017 season
• Valtteri finished in P3, his best result in Singapore and his tenth podium of the season
• Lewis completed the fastest lap of the Grand Prix in the first ever wet night race
• Today's result is 73rd F1 win for the Silver Arrows One and the ninth of the 2017 season
• Lewis (263 points) extends the lead in the Drivers' Championship to 28 points from Sebastian Vettel (235 points), with Valtteri (212 points) a further 23 points behind in P3
• Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport (475 points) lead Ferrari (373 points) by 102 points in the Constructors' Championship
• Paul Mills, Human Resources Director, accepted the Constructors' trophy for the Team
Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix – Race – Sunday
Weather: rainy/damp/dry, 29-28°C air, 32-30°C track
The Sauber F1 Team finished the Singapore Grand Prix on the Marina Bay Street Circuit in P12 (Pascal Wehrlein). Marcus Ericsson did not see the chequered flag after spinning out of the race on lap 36. It was the first race in the history of the Singapore Grand Prix to be driven in wet conditions.
2017 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix, Sunday
17 SEPTEMBER 2017
Renault Sport Formula One Team moved ahead to seventh position in the Constructors’ Championship and driver Jolyon Palmer posted his F1 career best result finishing sixth at the Singapore Grand Prix. The first wet evening race in Formula 1 was full of drama and Jolyon drove a solid race, capitalized on the wet conditions and safety cars to earn a valuable eight points for the team. After an incident involving cars ahead at the start of the race, driver Nico Hülkenberg swiftly avoided the drama and advanced four positions in the first lap. Fortunes didn’t favour Nico as his car had an oil leak and was force to retire for preventative measures before the end of the race.
• Nico started the race from P7 on a new set of Wet (blue) Pirelli tyres which he ran for twelve laps before switching to Intermediates (green) under the safety car. He pitted again under another safety car, this time switching to Ultrasoft (purple) tyres.
• Jolyon started the race from P11 on a set of Wet tyres, pitting after eleven laps under a safety car, switching to Intermediates which he ran for twenty-nine laps before pitting for a set of Ultrasofts.
SINGAPORE GP – RACE
17 SEPTEMBER 2017
DANIEL RICCIARDO, Finish Position: 2nd, Start Position: 3rd
“The rain made it all pretty hectic today. Everyone was in the same boat though and we hadn’t driven in the wet here before so it’s all about switching on early, being aware of the situation and trying to adapt as quick as you can. My start was quite slow off the line. In hindsight probably a good thing, because it allowed the chaos to unfold in front of me. Then in the first few laps I felt we were okay in the wet but then I felt we were a bit harsh on the tyres. Even when we pitted and had fresher tyres, we couldn’t really make an impact on Lewis. The team was asking me to manage the gears through the race and after I learned we had a leak and were losing oil pressure in the gearbox from early on. Of course I came here to win and really wanted it, but second place is great and I’m not going to complain about it.”
Singapore Grand Prix - Race Notes
• Lance Stroll finished eighth with Felipe Massa 11th in the Singapore Grand Prix
• Rain started to fall shortly before the race, making this year’s Singapore GP Formula One’s first ever wet night race
• Lance started on the intermediate tyre with Felipe opting to start on the extreme wet
• On lap 1, Lance jumped to P13 with Felipe P14 following a multi-car incident at the start, resulting in the first of several safety car periods
• Lance made his one-stop onto ultrasoft tyres on lap 26, driving a solid race up to P8 on his debut at the Marina Bay Street Circuit
• Felipe had to switch to intermediates before moving to dry tyres, but was one of the first to switch to the ultrasofts, re-joining in P14
• Felipe made the most of a late safety car period, where he pitted for a fresh set of ultrasoft tyres, and worked his way up to P11
• Felipe is 11th in the Drivers’ Championship, ahead of Lance in 12th. The team remains fifth in the Constructors’ Championship with 59 points
2017 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - RACE REPORT
Sahara Force India scored 11 points in today’s Singapore Grand Prix as Sergio Perez raced to fifth place ahead of Esteban Ocon in tenth.
2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX - Singapore
Race Provisional Classification
after 58 Laps - 293.633 Kms
POS NO DRIVER NAT ENTRANT LAPS TIME GAP KPH
1 44 L. HAMILTON GBR Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 58 2:03:23.544 142.780
2 3 D. RICCIARDO AUS Red Bull Racing 58 2:03:28.051 +4.507 142.693
3 77 V. BOTTAS FIN Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 58 2:03:32.344 +8.800 142.610
4 55 C. SAINZ ESP Scuderia Toro Rosso 58 2:03:46.366 +22.822 142.341
5 11 S. PEREZ MEX Sahara Force India F1 Team 58 2:03:48.903 +25.359 142.292
6 30 J. PALMER GBR Renault Sport F1 Team 58 2:03:50.803 +27.259 142.256
7 2 S. VANDOORNE BEL McLaren Honda 58 2:03:53.932 +30.388 142.196
8 18 L. STROLL CAN Williams Martini Racing 58 2:04:05.240 +41.696 141.980
9 8 R. GROSJEAN FRA Haas F1 Team 58 2:04:06.826 +43.282 141.950
10 31 E. OCON FRA Sahara Force India F1 Team 58 2:04:08.339 +44.795 141.921
11 19 F. MASSA BRA Williams Martini Racing 58 2:04:10.080 +46.536 141.888
12 94 P. WEHRLEIN GER Sauber F1 Team 56 2:04:50.858 +2 LAPS 136.247
20 K. MAGNUSSEN DEN Haas F1 Team 50 1:50:19.008 DNF 137.665
27 N. HULKENBERG GER Renault Sport F1 Team 48 1:46:19.835 DNF 137.109
9 M. ERICSSON SWE Sauber F1 Team 35 1:21:36.352 DNF 130.239
26 D. KVYAT RUS Scuderia Toro Rosso 10 25:48.837 DNF 117.408
14 F. ALONSO ESP McLaren Honda 8 21:55.139 DNF 110.542
5 S. VETTEL GER Scuderia Ferrari 0 DNF
33 M. VERSTAPPEN NED Red Bull Racing 0 DNF
7 K. RAIKKONEN FIN Scuderia Ferrari 0 DNF
44 L. HAMILTON GBR Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 1:45.008 on lap 55 173.643
© 2017 Formula One World Championship Ltd, Nº2 St James's Market, London, SW1Y 4AH
Sergio Perez to race with Sahara Force India in 2018
Sahara Force India is delighted to confirm that Sergio Perez will continue racing with the team in 2018. The contract extension sees Sahara Force India field an unchanged driver line-up in 2018 with Sergio racing alongside Esteban Ocon.
Singapore Grand Prix: Qualifying Recap
Sep 16, 2017
Event: Qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix (Round 14 of 20)
Date: Saturday, Sept. 16
Location: Marina Bay Street Circuit
Layout: 5.065-kilometer (3.147-mile), 23-turn track
Weather: Clear and humid
Air Temps: 28.5-28.9 degrees Celsius (83.3-84 degrees Fahrenheit)
Track Temps: 32.8-33.7 degrees Celsius (91-92.7 degrees Fahrenheit)
Pole Winner: Sebastian Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari (1:39.491 – new track record)
Result: Romain Grosjean qualified 15th / Kevin Magnussen qualified 16th
2017 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix, Saturday
16 SEPTEMBER 2017
Renault Sport Formula One Team had a good qualifying session tonight at the Marina Bay Circuit in Singapore. Driver Nico Hülkenberg has qualified seventh – equalling his best qualifying performance this season. Jolyon Palmer matched his second-best qualifying performance of the year with the eleventh-fastest time.